playMaker

Author Topic: Object's position jumps unexpectedly using iTween MoveTo with path nodes  (Read 1450 times)

Repomensch

• Playmaker Newbie
I am trying to make a twin-stick game with sword-fighting. I have successfully created a state machine that takes controller input and moves the sword back and forth in front of the character, moving back to neutral if no input is received for a while.

This is a simple linear translation, so the sword swing looks ugly. I wanted it to move in an arc in front of the character. I created three empty game objects and placed them around the character where I wanted the sword's path, and then used those objects in the Path Nodes/Transforms to draw the path.

Sometimes the sword seems to move properly through the three nodes, but sometimes it flies far away from the character before arriving at the destination.

I've attached a screen of my settings. Can anyone think of why this might be happening?

Repomensch

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Object's position jumps unexpectedly using iTween MoveTo with path nodes
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 05:54:03 PM »
Feeling a bit sheepish here... a little more experimentation fixed it. I simply unchecked "Move To Path".

However I don't really understand why that worked, so if anyone could explain it that would still be helpful