playMaker

Author Topic: Set Visibility now affects all instances of same GO [SOLVED]  (Read 1782 times)

zorranco

• Junior Playmaker
Set Visibility now affects all instances of same GO [SOLVED]
« on: January 14, 2016, 12:38:07 PM »
Hello, I was getting mad, because all instances of a grenade were affected when only one of them set visibility off.

I think it is because this has been deprecated.
According to Unity manual:

Removed in version 5.3.0p1
Property renderer has been deprecated. Use GetComponent<Renderer>() instead. (UnityUpgradable)

It used to work flawlessly, but since Unity update, it doesn't. I have tried getting a component / set property of type renderer as manual suggests, but still the same behaviour, the renderer is turned off for all instances of that object.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:53:59 AM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Set Visibility now affects all instances of same GO
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 11:34:13 PM »
Are you using Playmaker 1.8.0?
The Set Visibility already uses Get Component behind the scenes (cached for performance) so I don't think this is the problem.

It's possible this is a bug in 5.3.0p1. The Unity patch releases don't get the testing of a full release. Generally you should only use them if you're blocked by a specific bug that the patch fixes... If you don't need bug fixes in the patch release I would recommend using the latest official release instead.

zorranco

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Set Visibility now affects all instances of same GO
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:52:12 AM »
Yes, I was using PM 1.8. Moved to Unity 5.3.1.f1 (didn't did before because my internet is very slow) and it seems that now it works ok.

Thanks!