playMaker

Author Topic: How to stop inertia movement on an object without physics?  (Read 2974 times)

Vallar

• Junior Playmaker
How to stop inertia movement on an object without physics?
« on: January 20, 2016, 02:40:09 AM »
Hello,

I have been using the 8-way movement that was attached to one of the posts here to move my character. However it seems the object has inertia on it. So when I release the movement keys it keeps moving for 1/4 of a second then stops.

I tried reducing the translate command amount but it didn't help. Can anyone help please?

Here are a few screenshots of my setup. If you need any clarification, please let me know and I am happy to clarify further.

Thank you very much in advance.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:17:53 AM by Vallar »

Vallar

• Junior Playmaker
Re: How to stop inertia movement on an object without physics?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 11:02:45 PM »
Bump,  still looking for an answer to this.

Pivetta

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 08:18:11 AM »
This setup looks overcomplicated, The input axis are really practical and you get already an xy output from them, that you may handle with a little math instead of going trough case by case.
In the input settings be tweaket trough the input gravity, dead and sensivity, If you want to get the digital feeling just put sensivity and gravity on Inf, so you get snappy digital pad movements.
[Picture in attachments]

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:33:07 AM by Pivetta »

Vallar

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 12:08:09 PM »
I actually don't know how the axis idea work in relation to math. So I am not sure what I can do to make it simpler.

That said, I tried setting the Input Settings you mentioned and it worked perfectly, no more inertia, thanks a lot! :)

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 03:31:30 PM »
when you have something like this where every state has its own global transition, I like to use to use Go To State By Name instead of events, keeps it simpler

Vallar

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 08:28:24 AM »
Ahh, good suggestion. Thanks :D