playMaker

Author Topic: Get/Set Reset to NONE [SOLVED]  (Read 2941 times)

josephthom12

• Playmaker Newbie
Get/Set Reset to NONE [SOLVED]
« on: January 26, 2016, 09:20:54 PM »
[SOLVED] Just make sure your using Playmaker v1.8.0f40 (Beta) and not the older versions with the newest Unity 5.3.1. There's always a measure of risk. so expect, bugs and crash's. Despite all that Alex is on his toes.

This is a strange one. The only reason I'm not pulling my hair out of place is because the functionality is still working. My setup is s follows. I am using an old asset that is no longer supported on the store called Virtual Controls Joystick Suite. (Its reliable please don't point the finger) But rest assured this issue can be replicated using "ANY" GUI extension you may have in your tool box. Iv'e created a very simple C# script to extract the Raw Axis Data from a uGUI joystick. This script outputs the X,Y and Z data in the inspector. I simply use the Get Property action from my script and store that information inside a Vector 3 Every Frame. Everything works fine.

Once I stop the game all the values reset to None (Object). But then I hit play and the they return to my original settings.

Iv'e been doing this Play Stop process all day and return the same results. I am using the new Unity 5.3 with the latest play maker 1.7.8.4. This is a Unity 5 error because Ive tested with all the same parameters using Unity 4.6 The get/set properties are just fine! Please fix this!

If you would like a brief 15 second video demonstration just ask.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:56:25 AM by josephthom12 »

josephthom12

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Get/Set Reset to NONE
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:44:10 PM »
How to replicate?
1. Get Property and set any information you want from any script
2. Hit the play button. Everything's good.
3. Stop the Game and watch the values set them selves to "None"
4. Hit the play button. Everything's good.
5. Stop the Game and watch the values set them selves to "None"
6. Bonus. Sometimes it will clunk out on you and return an empty variable.

* Complete steps 1-6 with Unity 4.6 and there no issue

The Get/Set property information should never fluctuated from nothing to something. It should always be visible in the state machine. I assume there is a simple feature I overlooked. Hidden away in a random menu is the answer.

josephthom12

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 10:07:57 PM »
I'll save you some time.
Do you have other third party plugins in the project?
I have Virtual Controls Suite, Play maker 1.7.8.4 and TexturePacker Importer 4.0.5
Does this happen in all projects or a specific one?
All projects using the latest Unity 5.3.1. Using Unity 4.6.1 with the same three assets and the issue cannot be replicated. It's consistent like its supposed to be.
Are you editing a prefab or a prefab instance?
No prefabs involved.
Does disabling the Real-time Error Checker in Preferences help?
She didn't even flinch, should I just experiment with all the settings like a party girl and post my results?
Are there any Console Errors?
state.FSM != ActiveFSM
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:14:13 PM by josephthom12 »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 11:09:22 PM »
There are known issues with 1.7.8.4 and Unity 5.3.

Updating to 1.8.0 should fix these issues.

josephthom12

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 07:44:24 AM »
Well, Updating to the newest Playmaker v1.8.0f40 (beta) Fixed the problem. I had a strange feeling that would be the case. I just have an issue using BETA versions of anything. Its the epitome of a new Ford focus that's notorious for recalls. I'm definitely not the only one here who feels the same and would rather stick to older versions just because of its stability. Thanks for your help. This is officially [SOLVED].