playMaker

Author Topic: Actions process order? [SOLVED]  (Read 2143 times)

ShreddinPB

• Playmaker Newbie
Actions process order? [SOLVED]
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:33:40 PM »
Hey guys, just bought Playmaker and am loving it so far.. run into something that I can figure out tho.

Does the order that the actions are in the state make a difference?

I Have a game object that has 8 children, its different states. Only one of those states should be active at a time. In the prefab they are all deactivated, then when it switches to the state, I want it to activate the object, then play an animation of it scaling up.

right now it looks like this
(STATE)
blueState
(Actions)
Activate Game Object (clicked to activate it and recursive)
Play Animation

with just that it errors out since it cant play an animation on a non active game object, even tho the activate game object action is above the play animation one.

If I move the activate game object to a whole nother state, then rewire it in between it and the state that is activating it, then it works, but I have a total of 9 states, all able to activate 9 states, and I already have a differnt state between each one to do some other animation stuff (running an animation of the one scaling down that is set to FINISHED then it goes to the next state and scales up)
So that would be a TON of more states just to activate my game object before doing the animation on it ..

Any ideas? Am I doing this wrong?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:53:13 AM by Alex Chouls »

ShreddinPB

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Actions process order?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
Well, while waiting for a reply I tried this again, and now it seems to work!
So it was probably PEBKAC
If you want this thread gone, I can delete or you can lol