playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Why add a "finish" event to "smooth look at direction"?  (Read 1970 times)

nemirc

• Playmaker Newbie
[SOLVED] Why add a "finish" event to "smooth look at direction"?
« on: February 02, 2016, 12:22:41 AM »
I was trying a third person controller I'd made on a new project using Playmaker 1.7.8.4, but the character would not face the direction it was walking. After spending way too much time trying to fix it, I noticed the new "smooth look at direction" has a finish event. I can see that can be useful sometimes, but why not just add another action instead of completely replacing the current action? I had to replace that script with an older version of the "smooth look at direction" script from another project.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:10:31 PM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Why add a "finish" event to "smooth look at direction"?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:33:49 AM »
Sorry about that, we caught this in 1.8.0 and 1.7.8.4 for Unity 4.x, but it looks like somehow it got into 1.7.8.4 for Unity 5.x.

The "proper" version of the action has a Finish checkbox that defaults to false to preserve the original behaviour. We work to preserve the original behaviour when updating actions, but sometimes something slips through. We also consider adding a new action instead, but too many variants of an action can get confusing/messy.

Anyway, I've fixed the 1.7.8.4 version for Unity 5.x so it will be in the next update.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:39:45 AM by Alex Chouls »