playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Problem with spawning object using other object position  (Read 1811 times)

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Hello guys,

i'm new to Playmaker, but i really like how it works, it is very simple for people from nonprogramming background to create even very complex FSM's.

However, sometimes i stumble and i need some help from the community :)

On the first picture we have a very simple FSM attached to the Player object. I am using actions from Core Game Kit for pooling objects. In this case, by pressing key, a shot is spawned from the spawner object attached to the player object, and whenever the player moves, the bullet spawner moves with him. I just dragged and dropped the bullet spawner from the scene to the "other object for position" box, and everything works fine.

In the next picture, i am doing something similar for the Enemy object, but something's not working right. I created the Enemy, spawner object for him to shoot from, and simple FSM to spawn bullets every second. Here comes the problem, i can't drag and drop the spawner object from the scene directly into the "other object For Position" box (i get the menu in the picture with options to get or set property), only from the prefab folder, but then the bullets are spawned right in the middle of the screen, not from the spawning object attached to the enemy object.

Here's another picture to better show you what's going on:

Hope you can help me out, i would be more than grateful :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:04:43 AM by krmko »
Available for Playmaker work

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Re: Problem with spawning object using other object position
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 07:08:07 AM »
Kind guys from Dark Tonic forums helped, someone might need this too:

http://darktonic.freeforums.net/thread/402/killable-bullet-problem?page=1&scrollTo=2330
Available for Playmaker work