playMaker

Author Topic: Debug Log Console  (Read 8346 times)

dudebxl

Debug Log Console
« on: April 06, 2015, 01:37:54 PM »
Hi,

Alternative to 'Debug Log' action. This action sends warning/info/error to unity console (not playmaker console).

msg breakdown:
Text (you inputted into action) + *** GameObject Name : Fsm Name : Action Name

On ecosystem or https://snipt.net/dudebxl/

update V2: Click on your custom debug text in the unity console and it will take you to the gameobject in the Hierarchy + Pause game option

This will allow you to track quickly where the msg comes from if needed..

Hope it helps..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:05:33 PM by dudebxl »

thebrobotic

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Debug Log Console
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 02:19:04 AM »
Hi Dudexbl, thank you for this tool - I'm loving it so far. Also bookmarked your site because it looks like there's a lot of handy stuff there.

I do have one question. How would, I think the term is "concatenate", I be able to use some text in addition to a string variable in the Debug Log Console action?

I know how to do it in C#, but have not been able to replicate in PlayMaker. I'd want the PM equivalent of : Debug.Log("health is: " + hp_variable);

Thanks again.

dudebxl

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 06:44:02 AM »
Hi,

All actions on snipt are in the ecosystem

I dont have my computer so i cannot do anything but you have the information when you click on the debug checkbox in the actions windows.. And they should be more debug actions action in playmaker that should answer your needs.

If none of this meet ur needs then let me know and when i have my computer i will create the action..

Thx

thebrobotic

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 10:14:27 PM »
Hi,

All actions on snipt are in the ecosystem

I dont have my computer so i cannot do anything but you have the information when you click on the debug checkbox in the actions windows.. And they should be more debug actions action in playmaker that should answer your needs.

If none of this meet ur needs then let me know and when i have my computer i will create the action..

Thx

Thanks for the reply, I think I'm failing to communicate my question properly so forgive me. I already use the action you made, but was trying to use strings and actual text in the custom action you made. Although, now that I think of it, not sure it is needed - I was trying to have the debug log indicate which object it's coming from, but the custom action already shows what it's coming from - so please disregard :) looking forward to trying more of your actions.

dudebxl

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 12:04:13 PM »
**** update bump v2

Alatriste

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 01:57:53 PM »
I'm going to make a request, if possible:

Create a log action with different fields (like the build string action), so you can select different fields to create a debug text with different information from different variables (int, float, string). For instance, if I want to know the health value of a variable, it would be cool to get all that information in a single action. Right now I have to use a few actions to build that "simple" output.  ::)

dudebxl

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 02:28:23 PM »
Yeah no..   ;) 

why? because if you want to check, you can use debug toggle on the fsm and you can check all the global variables also. All the info is there and the actions are there so it seems like little added value.

You could always use array/hashtable and convert to string. Have an empty gameobject as a 'manager' that prints to the console everything you need.

Anyway sorry.. 

Alatriste

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 03:46:45 AM »
I didn't have too much hopes, as I know it can be done as you said, and the debug mode toggle is also there...  ;D Well, maybe I will try to do something like that myself as a learning. :)