playMaker

Author Topic: (SOLVED)Two Collision events (in separate FSM) on the same GameObject  (Read 1312 times)

Fonkles

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello Playmakers,

I am hoping some of you can help me out or clarify something for me.

I am using the FPS Rigidbody controller to collide with two Gameobjects (they are cubes). Each object has a tag, 'NormalPerson' and 'Hooligan'

Inside the FPS Rigidbody controller I have two FSM that do the collision math for me, or they should. Both FSM have a Collision Event as the start state.

The FSM that checks if I collide with the 'NormalPerson' gameobject works fine.
The FSM that checks if I collide with the 'Hooligan' gameobject does not register any collision.

The gameobjects are completely identical. The rigidbodies are the same, the colliders are the same.

I am at a loss as to what is causing this problem. Is it possible I cannot do two separate Collision events on the FPS Rigidbody Controller? I also tried to reverse it by placing the 'Hooligan' FSM on the 'hooligan' gameobject itself but that does not work either. I have changed out tags, used different one but none of that worked. All the while the 'NormalPerson' FSM works jsut fine with the collision.

Hope you can shed some light on this for me.

Kind regards,
Fonkles
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:10:48 AM by Fonkles »

Fonkles

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Two Collision events (in separate FSM) on the same GameObject
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:10:27 AM »
It is solved, I forgot to try out one possibility and it happened to work.

Both collision events are now in the same FSM and state and they trigger just fine.

Neer mind this post.