playMaker

Author Topic: Triggers and Doors  (Read 2622 times)

jay.pis

• Playmaker Newbie
Triggers and Doors
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »
Hello all, I purchased Playmaker last year but didn't really start to use it until the past few days so I'm trying to integrate it in a project that I'm working on. I'm a 2D/3D Artist so I'm trying to learn as much as I can with Playmaker to get a small prototype up and running.

What I need help in is with the triggers and doors opening, I did watch the tutorial video on this but my setup is a bit more than that. I have an elevator with 2 doors, front and back. I need to have the front doors open about 2 seconds after it reaches the bottom floor, close after about 10 secs then head on up to the next floor, the same with the back doors once it reaches the top floor. Doors both stay closed while elevator is moving.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:33:48 PM by jay.pis »

Mark_T

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: Triggers and Doors
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:35:15 PM »

After the lift arrival on the first floor, you trigger the lift and use the "Wait" action to setup the waiting time for the doors to open and than you play the opening doors animation. After the door played the opening animation you switch to another state loaded with the wait action and wait there 10 seconds to play the closing animation.

I`m far from being an expert, but after I watched all the playmaker tutorials I could find things changed a bit. :)

jay.pis

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »
To trigger the lift for the "wait action" when it arrives at the bottom floor do I need to create an empty game object, add collider, and then set as trigger?

Mark_T

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 06:41:57 PM »
Yep. This is one way to create a trigger. I prefer to create a cube and remove the Mesh Renderer component.

jay.pis

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:46:40 PM »
Ok, great, thanks.  I'll work on it and see If I can get it to work.