playMaker

Author Topic: State Labels Still Show in Build [SOLVED]  (Read 3693 times)

mTruly

• Junior Playmaker
State Labels Still Show in Build [SOLVED]
« on: March 14, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »
I have read numerous topics about this issue but for the life of me, I can't get State Labels to be gone from the build.

In the Playmaker GUI they are OFF.  I've also gone into each FSM and turned them OFF there.

In the build, when I rotate around in my 3D scene... the labels are all jammed up over in the corner.  (see attached image).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:27:45 PM by Alex Chouls »

mTruly

• Junior Playmaker
Re: State Labels Still Show in Build [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 04:06:25 PM »
Sigh... nevermind.

I had some FSMs buried down in the hierarchy that had State Labels turned ON.

Since the Playmaker GUI in the scene had the State Labels turned OFF... shouldn't that have overridden the checkboxes down in the FSMs?

Thanks!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: State Labels Still Show in Build
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 04:24:05 PM »
The PlayMakerGUI setting should override individual FSM settings. You should never have to go through all FSMs to turn off state labels.

Do you maybe have a second PlayMakerGUI in the scene somewhere.?

Otherwise please submit a bug report and I'll look into it. Thanks!

mTruly

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 05:29:55 PM »
When I do a search for PlayMakerGUI I only get one in the scene... (if there were two in the scene, wouldn't the search return two items)?

Zeldag

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 01:14:56 AM »
Haha, could be the same issue i had.

There is a preferences button in the bottom right corner of the playmaker editor.

I couldnt find it for ages, but i think that if you disable the state labels in there, they are gone forever.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:16:38 AM by Zeldag »

mTruly

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 11:04:21 AM »
Thanks for the ideas!

The checkbox was OFF in the Playmaker Preferences.  The checkbox was OFF in the PlaymakerGUI.

But the checkbox was ON individual FSMs and they displayed in the build.  So for some reason, the PlaymakerGUI setting was not overriding the individual FSMs.

Weird.

Thanks again.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 11:33:32 AM »
Hi,

That's odd, I never touch fsm settings and only the Preferences and PlayMakerGUI settings always work for me.

Is it not because of differents scene where you have other PlayMakerGUIs in the hiearachy as well?

Bye,

Jean

mTruly

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 01:02:33 PM »
This is a situation where there are 4 scenes in the build.  The scenes are basically loaded 0,1,2,3.  Each scene has a PlaymakerGUI in it.  But only one of the scenes is where we have the user able to orbit the 3D objects... that's where the State Labels were seen jammed off in the corner off in space, (not over the 3D objects).

What fixed it was I found that there were about 3 or 4 button objects which had FSMs on them but with no states inside the FSMs.  (These buttons had been duplicated and were not meant to have functionality... they were simply for visual button swaps).  I deleted the FSMs from the buttons and the state labels disappeared in the build.  I only assumed that the FSMs had the 'Show State Labels' ON inside.

Anyway, original problem sorted now.

Thanks!

mTruly

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 01:08:54 PM »
Oh and I realized that the state labels were off in space because they were tied to the center of the canvas, and since Unity makes the canvas so huge, when orbiting the 3D cube they appear way over there.