playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Ecosystem Problem: 'Playmaker must be Installed' is not true.  (Read 2837 times)

jimmyneutron

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi Playmaker forums,

Just having an issue with using the ecosystem, i cannot access or browse anything as it tells me 'Playmaker must be installed for the ecosystem to be useful' yet i have Playmaker installed and working.

Something else probably worth mentioning (and likely a super n00b question) I moved playmaker from its default place upon importing into a folder where I like to store third party assets etc.
what is best practice for this? should I just be leaving it in the default place playmaker is imported to?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:15:58 AM by jimmyneutron »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Ecosystem Problem: 'Playmaker must be Installed' is not true.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:26:33 AM »
Hi,

Yep, you should never moved assets coming from Unity packages or the asset store.

Instead, you should move your own assets into a specific folder, so the root Asset folder isn't where you save all your custom work but instead inside your own folder.

Sometime authors manage to make features that are agnostic to their assets location, but in my case, I failed to find a way to make the Ecosystem that way, sorry :)

Bye,

Jean

Zeldag

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 11:33:58 AM »
Thank you very much for this Jean. I never have an asset folder lol and ecosystem never works. I just thought it was another one of those things that is never supposed to work for me (i feel like i have funny luck sometimes).

I just put up with it and downloaded the other actions from my browser, well no more of that!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 01:00:10 PM »
Hi,

You made a good point here, if you have trouble, everything the ecosystem serves is available publicly from Github or Snipt. So it's good you managed to work around that issue.

Bye,

Jean

jimmyneutron

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 06:15:36 AM »
Thank you very much Jean!
this is something I have always wondered but couldnt find info about.
all the best
- jimmy

jimmyneutron

• Playmaker Newbie
Just to be sure, I assume this is best practice for all Unity packages, including ones downloaded from the ecosystem? (ie, do not put them in a 'custom actions' folder etc)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

yep, leave everything as it is whenever possible when install any Unity packages. it will save you trouble down the road.

Bye,

Jean