playMaker

Author Topic: Storing variables online  (Read 1447 times)

KurdLegend

• Playmaker Newbie
Storing variables online
« on: March 15, 2016, 03:50:54 PM »
Hi there, over the years i've tried my hands on trying to create games but i haven't succeeded just yet. I have a new idea for a game which revolves around idling and getting resources over time which you can use to create/sell items in an online marketplace. (similar to MineThings.com)

I have started this project last week and im still experimenting with it.
My question is how do i store variables in an online multiplayer environment? for example the character will produce gold and other resources over real time but how can i store it? Is Playmaker the best way to do this? Basically the game will be mostly clicking or touching(mobile device) but theres a 3d avatar to customize and what not so its mainly coding.

I also would like to know how to actually make the online marketplace so users can list weapons/armours but i think i should hold that off to a later time.

Thanks for reading.

dudebxl

Re: Storing variables online
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 09:49:41 AM »
Dude,

There are so many ways you can do it.. best to research unity tutorials on youtube and choose your method. It is possible of course with playmaker. I am currently doing on it. I use WWWMobile + Json actions + compression actions & PHP and SQL (server side). I have no problem getting the data to and back from server so it is possible with playmaker.

hope it helps a bit..

KurdLegend

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Storing variables online
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:48:46 AM »
Would you be able to link a youtube video to start with. Im abit confused with the amount of coding languages ill be working with.

Thanks for your help