playMaker

Author Topic: Error using the Simple Waypoint System actions  (Read 2109 times)

markfrancombe

Error using the Simple Waypoint System actions
« on: March 20, 2016, 05:15:23 AM »
Im getting an error using the custom actions for Simple Waypoint System.

Im assuming Alex was the original author as, weirdly Im seeing a directory path on HIS local machine in the error...
I cant say if this error is actually doing something, as I havent actually got PlayMaker working at all with it yet, not out of failing, but just time, maybe Ill get something in the next few hours... anyway, heres the error, maybe it gives its own clues?

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,SWS.PathManager].get_Item (System.String key) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:150)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SWS_SetPath.Execute () (at Assets/SWS/Plugins/PlayMaker/Actions/SWS_SetPath.cs:47)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SWS_SetPath.OnEnter () (at Assets/SWS/Plugins/PlayMaker/Actions/SWS_SetPath.cs:35)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (Int32 startIndex) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:200)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:168)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2155)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2113)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2041)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Start () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1356)
PlayMakerFSM.Start () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:404)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Error using the Simple Waypoint System actions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 12:34:11 PM »
I didn't make these actions. The debug info with the Playmaker dlls has the original source file paths, and you're seeing those lower down in the call stack. But you need to look at the top of the call stack to find the error. In this case it's in SWS_SetPath.Execute.

You should let the authors of Simple Waypoint System know about the error.

markfrancombe

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 01:31:14 AM »
OK thanks Alex, I have no idea how to read these errors, so please dont imagine I was in anyway questioning your genius...
I have posted on the authors site now...

Mark

fletcherkildren

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 07:42:41 AM »
Was there a followup with the author? I'm getting this too