PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Official Action Updates

Pathfinding Actions Beta

<< < (3/16) > >>

amaranth:
Okay, I'll give it another go. My biggest problem is that I'm working on the XY axis and with creatures flying in the air w/o gravity.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Ok, I have been checking the samples provided with the pathfinding package, and in the scene Fsm_basic the "--calculated path--" gameObject and all is working well, I can trigger both events fine.

-- path will not be found if the destination is outside the nav mesh
-- pathfinding is a 2d thing, conforming to the navmesh, so it could be limiting for birds behavior indeed. I have requested this to Unity and they replied that they are aware of this limitation and it might get adressed in future releases, but for now, agent will have to conform to the navmesh.

What you could do is create a dummy agent ( with no mesh), and have your bird followin the agent, then you can adjust the height based on some parameters such as the distance from the base and the destination ( to take off and land).

As far as the integration in Playmaker, make sure you look at this fsm_basic scene, I focused quite a lot on this calculated path thing, so the fsm is suppose to cover most aspect of it ( simply move the targets outside the navmesh to fail it.

If you'd like to share your project, for me to have a look at it and better assess what could go wrong, feel free to pm me.

Bye,

Jean

amaranth:
Jean, I'm going to test this tomorrow and get back to you soon. Thank you very much for your help!

SteveB:
Hey Alex and Jean, what is the status of these Actions becoming 'official'...integrated into Playmaker and available upon import?

I'm assuming currently the only way to get them is to DL them here?

Thank you!

-Steve

Alex Chouls:
Pathfinding is a Pro only feature in Unity, so it will probably always be a separate download.

At some point I'd like to have a built in Online Action Browser in Playmaker, to make it easier to download official action packs like this...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version