playMaker

Author Topic: Run N Gun 2D playmaker kit errors  (Read 2415 times)

imgumby

• Playmaker Newbie
Run N Gun 2D playmaker kit errors
« on: April 11, 2016, 06:49:10 PM »
Hi
 Hopefully this is the right place to post this...
  I recently purchased a Playmaker compatible 2D kit as a simple exercise in 2d platformers https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/47006 and on importing I get these apparently Playmaker related yellow warnings...

Assets/PlayMaker Unity 2D/Actions/IsFixedAngle2d.cs(59,49): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Rigidbody2D.fixedAngle' is obsolete: `The fixedAngle is no longer supported. Use constraints instead.'

Assets/PlayMaker Unity 2D/Actions/SetIsFixedAngle2d.cs(35,56): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Rigidbody2D.fixedAngle' is obsolete: `The fixedAngle is no longer supported. Use constraints instead.'

I contacted the vendor who quickly replied...
   "I'm with you on the yellow errors. They bug me as well. You are correct in that they should not affect the demo. These particular actions are apart of the Playmaker 2d extension from Unity 4. All you need to do is delete this action from the project.

Unity 5 added a constraints option to the ridges body and got rid of it fixed angle so the action is useless. I would venture to guess when Playmaker 1.8 is officLly released the 2d exemptions will also be upgraded as part of the package to avoid this errors."////////

Is there a fix for this ?? the included demos seem to work fine but I hate seeing errors.
 Will the warnings affect anything in the build process when I change up the game and/or does  the playmakerUnity2d package need updating??

Sorry for the long winded question and thanks in advance for any help

Steve Beatty

KellyRay

Re: Run N Gun 2D playmaker kit errors
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 09:44:09 AM »
Hey Steve,

Hopefully I can provide some additional info!

These warnings will not affect your build process unless you use them. They are warning you that there is no longer the option to use fixed Angle on rigid bodies in Unity in Unity 5. It has since been replaced by a feature called 'Constraints'

Here is a link to some Unity Answers on this:

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/990883/unity-511f1-rigidbody-2d-no-options-fixed-angel.html

When I work with the Playmaker 2D Package I simply delete these scripts as it affects settings that Unity no longer uses.

If you wish to use constraints on a rigidbody, I'd suggest the 'set property' action.

Best of luck! Please feel free to hit me up with any more questions!

imgumby

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 01:13:49 PM »
 Thanks for being so responsive  :)
  As a new user of things Unity I have to say the most frustrating aspect of using it is the seemingly constant battle with errors and warnings apparently due to Unity Technologies making code changes after the assets initial release.I don't know how you developers keep up??
  I have purchased a few assets in the last few months and am discouraged by the number of times I import a new asset only to see multiple warnings or errors  pop up in the console.Most seem harmless enough but as a new user with little code experience they all look like problems.It's like buying a new car only to have the check engine light come on the first time you start it up. :o
  anyways sorry for the ramble and thanks for the advice and graphic on deleting the broken/deprecated actions...

Steve 8)

KellyRay

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 03:38:17 PM »
All good friend,

Don't let those yellow ones scare you from progress!