playMaker

Author Topic: Mecanim Package? EDIT: Package Not Found[WATCH OUT]  (Read 1641 times)

everycolorfades

• Playmaker Newbie
Mecanim Package? EDIT: Package Not Found[WATCH OUT]
« on: April 15, 2016, 11:37:21 PM »
Hi, I'm a new user (to both unity and playmaker) and I need a bit of assistance. I've been following the tutorial here: up until the 16:30 mark, when I'm supposed to use something called 'set animator float'. The problem is it doesn't seem to exist in my copy of Playmaker. I looked it up online and was directed to this page: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W1031 which contains a download link that says "not found" when clicked. I also installed the Ecosystem, but was unable to find the Mecanim package. I did find and install something called Animator Proxy, which unfortunately does not contain the set animator float command.
I have no idea if my Unity version is important or not, so I'm currently running 5.3.4, and using the 1.8.0 beta of Playmaker, as recommended on the install page. (Although I've also tried the 1.7.8.4 build to see if it had what I needed; it did not.)

EDIT:
I seem to have found the problem in the custom packages/animator folder. There is one file, animatorproxy.package.txt; the contents of which, in their entirety simply say "Not Found". What's going on here?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:42:12 AM by jeanfabre »

Zeldag

Re: Mecanim Package? EDIT: Package Not Found
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 03:37:35 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Not sure what is going on there (with ecosystem), Im sure the playmaker experts will help you with making the ecosystem work  but in the meanwhile:

Go here: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W1031

Download the mecanim proxy manually and import it into your project.

After importing you will have the action you need ('set animator float') and the rest of mecanim actions.

Im not sure if you will need to remove the proxy that you already tried to import from the ecosystem or not, but may be something to try if it says you have nothing to import when you drag in the manually downloaded file.

Hopefully this will let you progress and worry about fixing the ecosystem later :) .

Good luck with it and I hope it helps!

(edit to add: nice tutorial by the way, I found that one quite fun when I did it, I hope you enjoy it too!)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:50:54 AM by Zeldag »

everycolorfades

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 03:51:15 AM »
Ah thanks so much, it seems to have worked! I'm sure that's the same link I tried earlier, I guess it was just down for a bit.  ;D

Zeldag

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 04:07:02 AM »
You know what, I am so dumb. I did not realise you had already tried the same link that I sent you to lol.

I read your message but did not realize you were talking about the exact same link as I never clicked on it (I thought that the link in your post is where you downloaded the ecosystem) and I just focused on the ecosystem not working for you.

Glad it worked now though, otherwise I would have looked like a total ass.