playMaker

Author Topic: Selecting FSM from PM editor dropdown doesnt work  (Read 2876 times)

Raptcha911

• Playmaker Newbie
Selecting FSM from PM editor dropdown doesnt work
« on: February 13, 2016, 05:13:59 AM »
Hey,
I'm using Playmaker 1.8RC43 with unity 5.3.2 and I'm having trouble with selecting an FSM or a gameobject through the PM editor.. It doesnt work after opening unity and playing/stopping the scene once.. Ofcourse I can edit the FSM by selecting the GO in scene and clicking on 'edit' on the FSM component, but that method is not convenient to do all the time..This issue was not there before RC42 if I'm right..

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Selecting FSM from PM editor dropdown doesnt work
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 03:47:26 PM »
How are you selecting the FSM? Do you mean in the Selection Toolbar?
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W138

Maybe you have Lock selected...?

Nikaas

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 07:56:04 AM »
I have the same issue. Its extremely annoying as I maximize Unity tabs all the time.

The problem appears after PM window is restored to docked state from maximized state. If PM tab/window is closed and then reopened it works fine until its demaximized again.

The actual problem is that PM editor is not changing to the currently selected gameObject FSM - i.e. "Select Game Object" dropdown (Number 2 on the Selection Toolbar screenshot) doesn't work (it actually changes the game object, but the FSM is not changed), same problem if gameObject is changed through standard hierarchy selection.

As OP said it can be forced to change to the active gameObject's FSM by (1) digging in the hierarchy to find the GO and click on the Edit button on the component, or (2) by selecting the Recent button (top left on the PM window) and hoping for the desired FSM to be in the list.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 03:58:33 PM »
Thanks for the extra info, I'm able to repro now (was missing the maximize step).
Should have a fix for the next update...

EDIT: Fix is in the update. Hope to have the update out soon...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 04:57:27 PM by Alex Chouls »