playMaker

Author Topic: Load Level not working properly? [SOLVED]  (Read 1983 times)

montmars

• Playmaker Newbie
Load Level not working properly? [SOLVED]
« on: May 17, 2016, 02:27:37 PM »
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone can spot a mistake I made, because my scence "OnTheMoon" is in build settings, yet when i click, it says it's not added in the build. I've also tried load level num.

I have saved project, build and run, saved scene...etc... but to no avail!

Here is a screenshot!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljr9io0kbc72pdz/loadlevel.jpg?dl=0

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 06:55:53 PM by montmars »

Zeldag

Re: Load Level not working properly?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 03:00:55 PM »
Having a quick look at the screenshot, it appears that you have chosen to load the scene based on a variable for the Level Name field.

Is there a specific reason you have for doing so? Have you saved the the Scene filename into that string variable (that is my understanding of how loading scenes by variable works)?

If the answer to the above is 'no' (or 'WTF are you on about?'), then try to uncheck the variable select box next to the 'Level Name' text box. Once you can type into the the text box again, type in; "OnTheMoon" and try to run it- it should work fine.

Basically the 'Level Name' textbox does not need a variable, it just needs you to type in the filename of the scene you are trying to load.

It is my understanding that you could use a string variable instead but for it to work the string variable would need to contain the filename of the scene.

Hope that helps, let us know how it goes.

montmars

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Load Level not working properly?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 06:55:39 PM »
oh wow! You are correct, I did store the "OnTheMoon" into a string...for what purpose I cannot remember! haha ...

I deleted it and everything works flawlessly!  Thank you for deducing that without even seeing it!!!

A+

Cheers!