playMaker

Author Topic: Namespace and Playmaker Object Declaration  (Read 1115 times)

gizmmo

• Playmaker Newbie
Namespace and Playmaker Object Declaration
« on: May 03, 2016, 12:55:27 PM »
Hi everyone!

So I work at a studio using Unity, and we decided to implement Playmaker into our games so that our designers can do a bit of UI logic working and so that our programmers had some sweet sweet visual FSM's. 

Anyways, we have an event system that uses object types as keys for triggering events to reduce coupling, mostly more multi-scene scenes to cross access each other.

While creating a custom event for registering to said Event System, we generally build demo's of things like our custom actions or any of the framework code we make, so that other programmers can jump into a scene that just uses that feature and nothing else to get an idea how to work with it.  But in doing so, we also namespace a lot of our stuff to avoid overlaps on names.  But variables in Playmaker that are object seem to only pull object types from the global namespace. 

So basically, I make a variable of type object, then I try to set that variable type, and the type isn't in there.  Now this isn't a fault by any mean, how would Playmaker know my custom namespaces, but I just want to see if anyone else has run across this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?  Thanks!