playMaker

Author Topic: Triggering an animation on the sprite falling  (Read 2588 times)

minicades

• Playmaker Newbie
Triggering an animation on the sprite falling
« on: March 27, 2012, 01:41:48 AM »
How would I trigger an event (for animation) whenever my character is falling.  So like when the value of the Y goes minus it triggers - then when it stops falling it plays another animation (for landing).  I am sure that question could have be written a lot better  :P

cheers
Arran
minicades.com.au

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Triggering an animation on the sprite falling
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 04:07:05 AM »
Hi,

I wrote a custom action to get the speed of a gameObject, that would come handy in your situation.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1182.0

Coupled with checking if the player is grounded, I think you would have enough to detect when to trigger fallling and landing animations.

Do you have a problem of understanding how to plug the various actions to trigger an animation or do you have problems finding the logic of how actually you would go about this ( even if it wasn't in playmaker).

Bye,

Jean

minicades

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 08:01:42 AM »
baahaah both

I am very new to this - normally I do the front end model assets / lighting / rendering etc.  Playmaker has just opened up a new world, one that I am enjoying a lot.

thanks - ill check out your action :)

cheers
Arran

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 10:11:48 AM »
Hi,

so: first stop is to watch all the videos and screencasts from the playmaker website and also the various videos on this forums. then study carefully the samples provided, this will certainly answer a lot of your initial questions.

Then, you'll be more confident using custom actions ( they are the same as standard actoins in terms of usage, they just do different things).

If you still struggle, just drop a line here, and I'll get more in details.

Bye,

Jean