playMaker

Author Topic: action completions  (Read 2282 times)

elusiven

• Debt we all must pay...
action completions
« on: May 27, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »
Hi there

I have x4 "Download Sprite" actions from Easy Save 2 on one state. I need them to all download spirtes at the same time and when they are done doing that, move on to next state. The trouble I have that no matter what I use whether its finished event or something else It just doesn't do all actions, it will download 1 or 2 images sometimes and just go to next state without waiting for the other actions, sometimes they download okay but I need them to be downloaded all at once and error free..

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: action completions
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 11:38:07 AM »
The FINISHED event shouldn't fire until all actions on the state are finished. But it's up to each action to call Finish() to say it's finished. Maybe the Download Sprite action is calling Finish() before the sprite is actually downloaded? If the Easy Save actions are public you could post the Download Sprite action and we can take a look. I would also check with the Easy Save developer since it might be a quick fix for them...

elusiven

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 11:49:32 AM »
They have a function inside action called "Is Done", when you leave it blank, it does nothing then and it doesn't trigger anything so it doesn't go to next state, and then if I change it to finished event or any custom one, it will go to next event without downloading sprites all at once, If it was one action then it would work.. But because I have 4 the same actions that download 4 pictures, then some of them will download and some of them won't, Because as soon as that one action gets completed it won't wait and it will just move on.

I'm not sure where to find the script for that so you could see...  :(

I could download image one by one in each state but that would take longer to do...So it's not good enough

Is there a way to get around this?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:55:38 AM by elusiven »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 12:21:31 PM »
You can find an Action's script in its settings menu (attached animated gif).

elusiven

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 12:05:10 PM »
Could not find action script it says... I made a post on easy save 2 forums, and they said it's playmaker's fault. They said they way playmaker is designed it will NOT work the way I want it too and that I need to make seperate action for each download sprite... I think this is BS to be honest.. There must be a way..  Please help :(

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 12:16:49 PM »
There's definitely a way, but I need to look at their actions.
But I forgot I actually own EasySave so I'll take a look...

elusiven

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 04:36:36 AM »
Okay, thanks :)

// any updates Alex? Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:11:33 AM by elusiven »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 10:40:34 AM »
Hi, I took a look. I've sent a modified version of the EasySave actions to your googlemail account. It looks like they weren't calling Finish() after downloading. You should now be able to use multiple download actions and transition on FINISH to the next state. Don't send any events from the download actions since you can't guarantee which action will finish first.

I don't have a test case setup, so let me know if this works in your tests!

elusiven

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 05:25:04 AM »
Okay thanks a lot:) I'l try it out today.