playMaker

Author Topic: Animator and playmaker error[SOLVED]  (Read 5108 times)

gamedivision

Animator and playmaker error[SOLVED]
« on: June 03, 2016, 05:19:07 PM »
using playmaker 1.8.1
unity 5.3.4f1

all i tried to do was add a set animator bool then all of a suddon the actions browser goes blank and all these error codes show ive tried with a different project using rifle anim set imported from the asset store same thing all his playmaker actions that are using animator have errors

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
OnAnimatorUpdateActionEditorBase.EditEveryFrameField () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Animator/Editor/BaseClasses/OnAnimatorUpdateActionEditorBase.cs:18)
GetAnimatorBoolActionEditor.OnGUI () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Animator/Editor/GetAnimatorBoolActionEditor.cs:19)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionEditor.OnGUI (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmStateAction action) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionEditor.cs:178)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.DoSelectedActionPreview () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionSelector.cs:552)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.DoBottomPanel () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionSelector.cs:509)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.DoGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionSelector.cs:153)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.BaseEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/BaseEditorWindow.cs:72)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:18:52 AM by jeanfabre »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Animator and playmaker error
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 12:46:21 AM »
Hmmm, I'm not able to repro here. I imported Rifle Animset Pro, made an FSM and added a Set Animator Bool action. Am I missing a repro step? Are you adding the FSM to a particular object?

Do you get the same error in an empty/new project?

PapaOurs

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 09:25:27 AM »
I have exactly the same error when i download the animator proxy

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 11:06:41 AM »
If you have 1.8.1 you should NOT download the Animator Proxy. Animator actions are included in 1.8.1 and you no longer need the proxy. @gamedivision do you also have the Animator Proxy in your project?

Druss

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 01:56:37 PM »
Hi, sorry to necro this old post but I am still getting this error.  I noticed a few other similar threads but I haven't yet found the solution.  This is a fresh project with Playmaker and the Advanced Battle AI package.

I get this error on both "Set Animator Bool"  and "Set animator Float"

liquid_h

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 06:36:18 PM »
Did anybody solve this? I'm new to playmaker and I downloaded animator proxy.
If the latest playmaker doesn't need animator proxy, what action should i look for to set animator float or set animator bool instead?. I'd appreciate any help as I'm kinda stuck right now.
Also I tried deleting animator proxy package through ecosystem but the actions still show up in the action browser.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 03:31:20 AM »
Hi,

You'll need to clean up manually your Project.

PlayMaker features Animator support now, so you don't need to download the proxy anymore.

Bye,

Jean

liquid_h

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 02:46:53 PM »
thank you