playMaker

Author Topic: Need Help with Multiple Camera Control Unity 5.3.5 personal  (Read 1721 times)

AnthonyS

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi all,

Purchased playmaker today and trying to figure things out.  I have searched youtube and everywhere for a good multiple camera control FSM using keyboard with no luck.

So im trying to make my own.  Here is my problem.

1. Have a simple office with multiple rooms.  Have a camera setup for each room.
2. My main camera is connected to a gameObject called FPS Controller and my mainCamera is the child of this.  This camera allows me to use mouse and keyboard to walk and look around, which works great.

I created a FSM Component on parent "FPS Controller" gameObject, where the camera called mainCamera is the child.

Here is the problem, as Im moving around I want to hit a key and I cut to the appropriate camera.  But I am having difficulty in controlling which camera i am cutting too.  I have checked the depth, with no luck.

I have tried to destroy cameras using the destroy action, it sort of works but i get errors when I return to a specific camera.

I have a total of 6 cameras plus the mainCamera.  I want to be able to cut freely amongst all the cameras back and forth, but as mentioned earlier, I cant control the exact camera I want to cut too.

What setting am I missing, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Zeldag

Re: Need Help with Multiple Camera Control Unity 5.3.5 personal
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 08:10:24 AM »
Hi.

I think the action 'cut to camera' is what you are looking for. https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W103

Just deactivate all other cameras, except main, then choose which one to activate and switch to.

Destroy object is like deleting it from the scene. You would then need to use 'create object' and create it back in the scene from your project files. This can be useful in some cases, but doesnt seem like a good/efficient approach to camera switching. :)

Hope it helps! Good luck!