playMaker

Author Topic: stuck at "Move Towards"  (Read 1705 times)

Gatsu

• Playmaker Newbie
stuck at "Move Towards"
« on: June 07, 2016, 02:49:25 PM »
I have this scene where an object is supposed to move to a location. This used to work, and it does work when I load the scene directly with the test character object on the scene. But when I come from the main menu the character object just won't move.

object to move:

playmaker:

What more information can I give to help find the problem? I have even tried removing every script from the player which should be moved until there's only a transform but it still does not move.

We can see that playmaker did find the correct gameobject which should be moved.

Playmaker: 1.8.0.f38
Unity: 5.3.4.f1
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 04:30:34 PM by Gatsu »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: stuck at "Move Towards"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 07:41:22 PM »
Hi,
Try disabling the collider or set as trigger and try if it works then?
also check the constrains if they are not checked

When is the playertemplate created ?
You can store the gameobject when creating, so you don't need to find it any more.

Maybe you can make a video when its working and when not and show the other states / actions / fsm's

Gatsu

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 10:30:18 PM »
As I was making the video for you I found the problem. It was totally my bad, I was setting
Code: [Select]
Time.timeScale = 0; which paused the game but not the playmaker, so it kept going until it got to where it had to move an object, which was impossible.

Your questions also helped me solve another, totally different problem, that I had. So thank you very much.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 04:43:12 AM »
Hi
yeah i had that once also when i used timescale and forgot about it lol.
i am happy for you that it works now :)