playMaker

Author Topic: Photon Variable Synch Repository  (Read 1415 times)

TOYLTH

• Playmaker Newbie
Photon Variable Synch Repository
« on: June 16, 2016, 08:17:04 PM »
Hi,

I am playing around with the worker demo scene and was able to successfully get it to instantiate my own prefab for each player with working movement - it only goes left and right by design.

Within that Object (as a child) there is yet another Object that has another Variable Synch Repository that should track the rotation of what is the cannon rod of the parent object.

Now, I have found the mechanic to post and synch the left and right movement of the main object quite straight forward, yet when I try to replicate it to alter the rotation of this child Object i get no results.

Is it maybe that I cannot have two Variable Synch Repository within the same Parent Object? What am I doing wrong?

It might be worth noting that I have added the Playmaker Photon GameObject Proxy and a Photon View to each of the relevant Objects and also placed the Variable Synch Repository FSM in each object's PhotonView.

I'm attaching the prefab.

Appreciate any help.

Regards,
Bruno.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon Variable Synch Repository
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 09:31:57 AM »
Hi,

Can you package the prefab, it will be easier to open it in Unity.

also, make sure you only use one photonNetworkView for the whole pad and centralize synched variables, it will be easier to manager and debug, as well as being more efficient network wise for bandwith.

Bye,

Jean