PlayMaker News > User Showcase

Breakout Pro! for Playmaker

<< < (2/10) > >>

jeanfabre:
Hi,

on webgl, I have a button on the top left corner that is slightly off:

and leaderBoard seems to not kick in ( I finished the game... :) )

Bye,

Jean

Graham:
Thanks Jean! I actually fixed most of the remaining leaderboard bugs last night and made the overall user flow more friendly. You can change your name now!  :P I just uploaded the latest demos.

Unfortunately your score never made it out of the WebGL player and into the leaderboard. You were playing on the Dropbox demo which is behind a secure https website. Sadly WebGL doesn't seem to be able to communicate with anything external unless it's behind an unsecured address or you allow the unsecured connection from your address bar. I am moving the demo to my website to fix that issue.

I have had many other issues while working with WebGL. Sound quality is much lower, graphics are not on par with other platforms, performance is lacking, it even stutters on my very capable pc hardware. Playing full screen does alleviate this slightly, but I don't think WebGL is ready for prime time yet. WebGL is the only platform with this strange stutter, I get better performance on my old iPad2 or Moto G. I highly recommend playing the webplayer demo if you are able, that represents the intended gameplay experience more accurately.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Excellent, Thanks for your effort.

Webgl requires some serious graphics optimization if it's intended for a proper game, so yes, it's not a direct hit... I am well aware of the quality reduction, but still that was a quick way to play and all, and it was not affecting my game play, what did affect the gameplay is the mouse not working when outside the game view, that does affect the game play a lot. So maybe look for an option to use arrow keys or mouse in this situation.

Too bad, I am sure I was on top of the leaderboard... not.... ;D

I think you should publish to Apple store, Google store, Windows Store, just as a way to drive people into understanding that your project is a serious project, make it free, no ads, no nothing, just to show it's possible, I am sure it will play a big role in developers committing into purchasing this.

Bye,

Jean

Graham:
Thanks for your advice Jean. I'll likely be reactivating my ios developers license to showcase demos like this.

The arrow keys would be an easy solution since the logic is already there for L/R thumb play on mobile. Will add this as an option when I implement menus.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Yes, this will not only help you promote your set of starter kits, but also promote you as a developer full stop. And having apps on stores is going to put you one step ahead when publishers or clients will consider hiring you.

Bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version