playMaker

Author Topic: Load level numbe sence goes dark (Solved)  (Read 1775 times)

Captaincrud

• Junior Playmaker
Load level numbe sence goes dark (Solved)
« on: June 20, 2016, 08:35:00 PM »
For some reason when I am restarting the level I am in by just reloading sense. the lighting gets darker.

Before Load

After (Load Level Number)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:57:23 PM by Captaincrud »

Zeldag

Re: Load level numbe sence goes dark
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 03:37:40 PM »
Despite your poor attempt at writing the post :) I managed to crack the code. Sadly all I can add is that I've experienced something simmilar. It seemed to go away after I fiddled a little, but I'm not sure how I fixed it.

Probably something to do with baking lights or not baking lights lol, but that is as much as I can guess.

I would also really appreciate any expert playmaker sharing some insights into possible reasons for lights becoming dark when loading a scene.

(Also I am not sure if this is isolated to playmaker as I'm pretty sure that back in the day I may have experienced this when learning c#, but I am not sure of that)

Weedsh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 06:30:45 PM »
After building the game, everything is working again, so no worries.

To fix it in the Editor, go to Window -> Lighting -> Lightmap Tab -> Disable Continuous Baking -> Press Build to bake the lighting once manually.

Note that if you add more lights or make some changes, you have to bake the lightmap again.

Found here: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/919940/applicationloadlevel-changes-lighting-for-some-rea.html

Captaincrud

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 09:57:07 PM »
Thanks For Info not that my writing is ever that good, but I am at a 5 day game jam right now so my brain is shot.