playMaker

Author Topic: Grid framework & Playmaker  (Read 2890 times)

joravisukov

• Playmaker Newbie
Grid framework & Playmaker
« on: January 12, 2016, 09:39:56 AM »
Hello everyone!
How to make Grid framework actions appear in Playmaker? 
I create a file called smcs.rsp (like author said http://hiphish.github.io/grid-framework/news/2015/11/23/version-184/)
with the following contents:
-define:GRID_FRAMEWORK_PLAYMAKER
and place it in Assets folder, but nothing happen.

Azzak

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Grid framework & Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 05:59:17 AM »
Yes I would like to know too.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 03:22:16 AM »
Hi,

Have you contacted the author of this system?

Try the following:

open the player settings ( from the build window), and locate the "other settings" section, Configuration/"Scripting  Define Symbols", and in there put GRID_FRAMEWORK_PLAYMAKER, press enter and wait for Unity to recompile.

that works only for your current build target, so you will have to do this again if you change build target.

Bye,

Jean

Tremzoff

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 08:47:07 AM »
I encounter the same problem. The smcs.rsp didn't work (playmaker crashed) and putting GRID_FRAMEWORK_PLAYMAKER into the build options had the same effect: No Grid Framework Playmaker actions, but playmaker crashing....Any idea?

I'll try to contact the author, too.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:39:14 AM by Tremzoff »

HiPhish

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 01:43:16 PM »
Hello,

I don't frequent the Playmaker forums, so please contact me directly in the future using the Support thread in the Unity forums, a PM or via email. Hutong Games does not maintain Grid Framework, let's not waste their time :)

Anyway, let's first make sure we get the trivial issues sorted out: First of all, the file extension has to be rsp. Unity will hide file extensions in the editor, so navigate to the file and make sure it has no other file extension after it (like smcs.rsp.txt). Second, the file has to be in the "Assets" directory of the project, not the root of the project. The "Assets" directory is what the Unity editor shows in the Project view. Third, you have to run Unity's compiler after writing the file. The easiest way to force the compiler to run again is to create a new C# script, you can then delete it afterwards.

EDIT: OK, I have found to errors. The first one is that Playmaker already defines actions "GetMaterial" and "SetMaterial", those need to be renamed to something like "GetGridMaterial" and "SetGridMaterial" instead. Rename the classes in Assets/Plugins/GridFramework/PlaymakerActions/GetSet/Renderer/GridRenderer.cs

The other issue is that the actions for the sphere renderer are wrong. It's easiest if you just delete the file Assets/Plugins/GridFramework/PlaymakerActions/GetSet/Renderer/Spherical/Sphere.cs

Now it's working on my end. I have been about to publish an update anyway, so I'll include these fixes. Until the update gets approve those two changes should tie you over.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:20:42 PM by HiPhish »

Tremzoff

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 04:20:16 AM »
@HiPhish

Thanks a lot! I'll try that and give you feedback. Shall I report at the Unity forums then?

Regards

HiPhish

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 06:53:56 AM »
@Tremzoff
Yes, please. Or via PM or email, doesn't really matter. If your problem is resolved please post one final reply here for people who come across the thread in the future.