playMaker

Author Topic: Implementing combat system  (Read 2428 times)

Gold dragon

• Playmaker Newbie
Implementing combat system
« on: June 20, 2016, 03:26:22 PM »
Hey guys,

Been working with playmaker for a few months now and love it. Set up combos health and even cutscenes. I been doing some research on battle circles like in the Batman games and assassins creed. Found a great article about this using unity and is pretty much exactly what I want.

http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/tutorials/battle-circle-ai-let-your-player-feel-like-theyre-fighting-lots-of-enemies--gamedev-13535

Only problem, I suck at coding and have no idea how to transition these scripts into playmaker. If someone could break this down for me it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Gold dragon

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Implementing combat system
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 03:40:35 PM »
Anybody??

Zeldag

Re: Implementing combat system
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 07:55:59 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum. That looks pretty interesting what he has there. You could just take his scripts and work with playmaker around them?

Also he breaks down the actual logic of the system very very well, so you dont need to understand his scripts at all. Just study the logic and think about converting it to playmaker FSMs. I wish I could help you on that, but it does look like quite a task, basically to the point where an entire tutorial would probably need to be dedicated to the setup and if I could even pull it off, I dont know if I would be able to easily explain to someone else how to do it.

But thanks for the article, as I said he breaks down the logic of the system very well and after playing with his settings I liked his little webplayer demo. I might try to replicate it in playmaker when I have more time, but as I said I doubt I could coherently share it even if I do. Ill keep you posted though.

Good luck with it! I would say just watch some tutorials and then try to reconstruct his laid out logic.

Here is a good one to start of with: Part1:

(and the same tutorial but the part with combat in it: )
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 07:58:12 PM by Zeldag »