PlayMaker News > General Discussion

Performance issues in iPad

<< < (3/3)

qholmes:
Yes.. Funny that sounds like my Saturday.. turn on this then build and turn on that and build etc.. I finally just totally gave up on the mobile shaders.. they just consistently killed my performance.

So i rebuilt stuff and combined stuff which really helped.. still not quite there.

But i really need to figure out how to combine my mapped objects into one i guess.. I use map atlases but my objects are all separate and not sure how i merge those.. That is my mission for today i think.

I thought i was done until i realized i didnt have AA turned on...

Yes i can imagine that normal maps would save me a ton more verts.. i will give that a try too.. why not.

Thanks

Q

qholmes:
Well i have been testing and testing.. I just turned off Dynamic Batching and got a really big performance boost.. I had it optimized not too bad and it was running quite well except when you rotated the model to certain positions so i had been testing over and over to try and figure out what it was and noticed that the Draw calls changed in those views for some reason so i turned it off and now my draw call went up but the FPS is now rock solid at 33 fps basically all the time and does not drop to 15 anymore.. I dont get it unless it was building batches that were too big maybe?

Same problem i was having with the Mobile shaders.. Which i have since figured out is because of the limitations of batching with certain shaders.. so when i switched to simpler shaders it would batch more and then cause me issues.. Something is going on with the batching.

Q

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version