PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Tutorials

New SHMUP Tutorial Series!

(1/8) > >>

cloud03:
Hi Guys,

I know I have been absent for a while, but fortunately I'm back and I have new tutorials that I'd like to share with you all, How to create a SHMUP, so please check it out, hopefully you guys like it!

Part 01 - Basic Ship Setup
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-kfkqo8hvA
Part 02 - Scrolling & Ocean Setup
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fVjWgfUKn4
Part 03 - Foam FX & Basic Weapon
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxA0QncpT28
Part 04 - Enemy Setup
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=WILAAh9Xhkc
Part 05 - Enemy Setup Continued
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys1JB0gHbRA
Part 06 - Enemy Variations
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1kJggW23Z8
Part 07 - Player Health
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGtLIxK9XKA
Part 08 - Weapon Variants
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xptmw6CHLmg
Part 09 - Enemy Lives
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kj-o21byyE
Part 10 - Boss Enemy Part 1
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb09hFBcfV0
Part 11 - Boss Enemy Part 2
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY63TxRoW7Y
Part 12 - Guided Missile
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=SISsBbU0rJ8
Part 13 - Enemy Boss Lives Bar & Scoring System
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=syCAvJwiX-A
Mobile Control Quick How To
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lDFg18Lmig

coffeeANDsoda:
I thought you abandoned making playmaker tutorials all together.

Are your plans to make movement restrictive? No rotation? And what does that mean for the level itself? Are you planning on adding mechanic like in Everyday Shooter when the player moves off of the screen it ends up being on a opposite of the level? So the player doesn't fall off or drift away?

cloud03:
Yep, the ship direction is restricted only facing the top of the screen, just like any other Top down SHMUP.

the movement is being restricted to screen, so I don't think I'm going to implement that. AFAIK I've never seen a SHMUP which does that, I might have to check Everyday Shooter..

cloud03:
Update: added the 2nd episode!

coffeeANDsoda:

--- Quote from: cloud03 on July 21, 2016, 10:12:42 PM ---Yep, the ship direction is restricted only facing the top of the screen, just like any other Top down SHMUP.

the movement is being restricted to screen, so I don't think I'm going to implement that. AFAIK I've never seen a SHMUP which does that, I might have to check Everyday Shooter..

--- End quote ---

Haven't had luck finding videos demonstrating this option but it does exist in that game. Just thought it would be cool if you did a video on that. It's a fun game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version