playMaker

Author Topic: Use pathfinding to move avatar from one position to another  (Read 1112 times)

AnyaNam

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,

I have an avatar that I want to move automatically from one position to another and then back to the original position. I tried the tutorial linked below and I can make the avatar move from one position to another, just like in the tutorial, but it didn't work when I tried to move the avatar back to the original position after it had reached the first destination. I did the exact same thing as in the tutorial and then added three more states that was set to move the avatar back to the original position, but the avatar moved completly wrong and didn't even reach the first destination when I tried this.

I can't find any tutorials on this specific isssue, I did find one where I could interpolate between two destionations, but this tutorial required exact x, y, z values and I already have game objects in the scene where I want the avatar to move to, why I really liked the tutorial linked below since it was so easy to set up.

Does anyone know an easy way to move the avatar from on point to another and then back to the original position without any input from the player?

I would be really grateful for an answer :)