playMaker

Author Topic: GUI Text | GameObject and Add GUI Text | Canvas with UI Text[SOLVED]  (Read 3644 times)

Dan

• Junior Playmaker
    • Personal Site
I am trying to follow along with the training video covering the Health Manager. I have read, searched, read, searched, read docs, etc... but find myself thoroughly confused and frustrated.

1. I am not able to Add GUI text unless I use UI text which adds a canvas and text. When I use UI text I am not able to add to the variable, as described in the video, which would give a value of 50 when the game is played.

2. I also tried the other method of adding GUI text by adding GameObject and then adding GUI text. Nothing is visible in the viewport. I read that the x and y values have to be between o and 1. Which I tried. I also saw many different opinions with all kinds of values to try, which I did. However, nothing worked.

3. And, of course, I tried to add GUI text exactly the way it was presented in the video but that didn't work.

This is probably very simple but so far I've lost hours trying to figure this out. Could use some help.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:17:53 AM by jeanfabre »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: GUI Text | GameObject and Add GUI Text | Canvas with UI Text
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 05:56:26 AM »
Hi,
You need to get the ugui actions from the Ecosystem
search for "ugui proxy full"

Here is an introduction video :

Dan

• Junior Playmaker
    • Personal Site
Re: GUI Text | GameObject and Add GUI Text | Canvas with UI Text
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 08:24:44 PM »
Awesome! I'm glad you mentioned this because it looks like Ecosystem has many great features, and you solved my problem. Thanks!

After install the solution was:

1) Make sure Playmaker UGui is in the scene.

2) Right click in Hierachy and select UI > text

3) On the goHealth FSM, Setup state, click Action Browser

4) Under category UGui, select U Gui Text Set Text

5) Specify game object, drag 'text' from Hierarchy to U Gui Text Set Text field, and under Text select current_player_health_s.

Hit play and the value is passed to the GUI. In this case 50.

I would never have figured this out on my own!