playMaker

Author Topic: Float compare big delays  (Read 6450 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Float compare big delays
« on: April 04, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »
I am having some strange issues at the moment.. I am building a kind of Cover Flow menu system so i am tracking a touch and using Float Compare.. So it seems to really hit the cpu for some reason.. I have never had this before that i know..

Strange at the moment it seems to be ok... I also have some Animate Float actions and they are running really slow too..

If i turn off this FSM it all speeds up like the FSM is bad or something.

Q

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Float compare big delays
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:39:39 PM »
Can you post a screenshot?

Try turning off logging and DebugFlow to see if that makes a difference...

amaranth

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 07:08:30 PM »
Might also want to check your FSM Log while the game is playing. If you've got a tight loop, it might not show up in the FSM Editor, but it can't hide from the FSM Log.

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »
Here are some screen grabs i did earlier.. It is very strange.. it was a quick design and then spent the rest of the day trying to figure this out..

Should there be an option of a slower update on actions? Instead of just Everyframe or not but a more flexible drop down thing that gives you a choice.. or is that just not a good idea.. I dont know the implications of such a thing..

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 08:11:39 PM »
So i try the debug and logging and now i have the NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.DocArea.OnGUI()

Is it just unity self destructing? I also keep getting the error about how the Layout is corrupt and i need to reset it which i have done already and it went away for a few days and now is back...

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 09:49:02 AM »
So it seems that it is mostly when i have that object selected... If i click on another object then the problem goes away.. I turned off the bug tracking stuff..

Currently just trying a new angle on the same thing to see if it helps.

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »
Ok so today i reset my window layout like Unity wanted me to do.. I have no idea why.

So after i reset my layout i ran my project and it ran perfect... So i rebuilt my layout and it ran perfect.. So i had the PlayMaker editor open but with no objects selected.. ran slow... I started my project with the PM editor not selected ran fast then i clicked on it and it slowed down and then i clicked off of it and it sped up again...     Soooooooooooo what up that?

I remember reading something about the Global Variables window slowing things down.. I was trying to figure if that was making it worse yesterday too...

Anyone else having this issue?

Why all of a sudden.. Hmm i will try one of the default layouts and then just the PM editor..

Works fine with the standard layout Wide and i just add the PM editor to it.. I even dragged the Game window onto a different monitor and it was fine...

Is my layout just too complicated? will post a screen grab

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 10:53:48 AM »
Here is a screen grab of my layout.. I love this layout by the way... But why does it cause issues?

It never used to... With Unity 3.4

If i run a project in a default layout and then switch to this layout it immediately slows down.

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 11:45:19 AM »
So further testing.. The Globals window is the problem.. even if i do not have it open.. Just having the tab in my layout kills my performance.. I know there was a post about that somewhere i will try to find it.

Q

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »
The latest beta has a performance fix for the Globals window. Please let me know if it helps in your case...

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 10:38:26 PM »
Nope sorry just as bad as before.

And i dont have it open it is just in my layout but not on top but maybe that does not matter..

Now with the debug flow.. I have it turned off in the Preferences but what about under the FSM tab in the editor? Does that mean anything when it is off in preferences?

Q

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 01:06:32 AM »
Strange... this must be new EditorWindow behavior in 3.5.

Can you confirm that this problem does not occur in 3.4?

We'll track it down!

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 01:13:30 AM »
Well... not to sound dumb but how do i do that? I really a have no want to re install everything?

I do not remember it in 3.4 at all and i just upgraded about when it started.. but it seems to be bad in what i am working on right now.. I will switch to another scene and see if it does it there too..

Q

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 01:41:20 AM »
Sorry, I normally keep older versions of Unity around, so I assumed it would be an easy test... Don't worry, I'll do some more testing in 3.5. To be honest I'm still using 3.4.2 day to day until the quirks are worked out of 3.5...

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 01:45:53 AM »
Sure but on my mac how would i have separate versions? Is that easy?

Q