PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Pre-release Discussion

Getting errors after update

<< < (3/3)

Cratz:
this is with error

Alex Chouls:
This means there is definitely another script in your project that has re-defined EventType in the global namespace. This is a very bad idea since EventType is a UnityEngine type.

If you didn't write this script, it was included in an asset you imported.

--- Quote ---Okay so I searched in project for "EventType" came up with nothing.

--- End quote ---

You need to use some kind of find in files in Monodevelop, Visual Studio, or another text editor; file explorer might even work. But you have to find the source file that has re-defined EventType (e.g. it will have something like "public class EventType"). Once you find the file it should be obvious which asset it was part of. If you're not using the asset you can delete it, otherwise you should email the author to fix it.

Cratz:
Okay so after a lot of digging I found the culprit, it was an asset I downloaded which after I delete it, the  game ran with no error. But what was weird  is that when I deleted all the assets scripts, it still threw the error. Which was weird, so I think something else is conflicting from that asset. Any ideas?

Alex Chouls:
Are you sure you deleted all the scripts that came with the asset? Sometimes scripts can be under plugins, or in a dll. Check against the original unitypackage/install to find all files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version