playMaker

Author Topic: Move Towards Target Position Bug????  (Read 1967 times)

stitchlips

• Playmaker Newbie
Move Towards Target Position Bug????
« on: September 04, 2016, 03:18:47 AM »
I have a move towards action and the values for the "Target Position" are constantly changing on their own or when I move the mouse cursor, even when the unity scene is not playing. Is this normal?

I am trying to use this action to move one game object to another and use the "Target Position" as an offset but it keeps changing on its own. Upon further inspection, all the values in the x y and z boxes are slowly increasing as I move the mouse cursor up or down while holding the scroll bars in the FSM editor window. This then translates to my variable that I am trying to use as an offset.

If I try to reset my variable to zero, it just gets repopulated with strange numbers.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Move Towards Target Position Bug????
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 06:57:37 AM »
Hi,
What version of Playmaker and Unity are you using?
Can you make a video of what is happening?

stitchlips

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 12:57:35 PM »
I am using Unity version 5.4.0f3 and playmaker version: 1.8.2.f7

https://vimeo.com/181399055

Watch how the numbers for my vector 3 variable magically change and when I try to zero them out they go back to strange values. This only happens when I place this instance of the variable on the target position of the move towards action and I'm not sure if it is really changing those values or not. I can't see them to test because they are constantly changing.

stitchlips

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 02:17:33 PM »
For whatever reason, it is now working like it should. I removed the variable and replaced it and now it works. Computers, who knew they could be so finicky.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 06:57:45 PM »
Hi,
Yeah unity starts doing weird stuff here to sometimes it is not only in playmaker :)
best thing to do is save and restart unity.