playMaker

Author Topic: Setting up a diagonal jump...  (Read 3193 times)

Neptune_Imaging

• Playmaker Newbie
Setting up a diagonal jump...
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:35:27 PM »
Hey guys, I am trying to set up a FSM that will take the jumping animation, and allow me to move the model forward when I press Diagonal up/right and up/left. So far I set up an axis event that will allow me to select the diagonals, but it does not work at all...

Is there a quick way to set this up? Thanks

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Setting up a diagonal jump...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 11:12:57 PM »
Try it this way.

In the first state, have 2 get axis events, one that checks the horizontal and one that checks the vertical axis and stores their values as variables.

Then use a float sign test with the horizontal axis variable. IF its positive you know they axis is going right, and if its negative its going left.

Then you use a second float sign test in the next state that checks if the vertical axis is going up or down (positive or negative)

now you know which way the joystick is being pressed. upper left/upper right/lower left/lower right.

For the upper left and right states you would use a play animation to play the jumping animation and a translate or controller simple move depending on how your player character is setup to move your player.

You'll have to create 2 different jumps depending on which direction the player is jumping. so that it moves the player the right direction.

and you will have to figure out what you want your player to do if they are pressing down and to the side while jumping if its going to be different.

Neptune_Imaging

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 11:18:22 PM »
Would you happen to have an example of this... I was thinking of this earlier but it didn't work... i will try this...

Neptune_Imaging

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »
Hey guys, I tried this set up for jumping and it is not working... there has to be a better way to do this...

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 07:08:07 PM »
Can you post a screenshot of what you have so far?

Neptune_Imaging

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 10:29:05 PM »
I stopped working on this a day ago... needed a better method of doing jump animations... I will post a screenshot soon