playMaker

Author Topic: IAP Manager - Easy In-App-Purchase Workflow  (Read 9943 times)

tsangwailam

• Playmaker Newbie
IAP Manager - Easy In-App-Purchase Workflow
« on: September 14, 2016, 05:06:04 AM »
Greetings. We have update our asset IAPManager to support PlayMaker.

IAP Manager is a simple helper to simplifying the setup of in-app-purchase for mobile game. It supports Apple app store, Google play store and Amazon Kindle app store (with Amazon IAP plugin).

With the IAP Manager, you don't need to write the code for handling the IAP flow. IAPManager provide a simple workflow with PlayMaker action.

For more information, you can visit asset store.

http://u3d.as/qDR

ultimate_carl

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: IAP Manager - Easy In-App-Purchase Workflow
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 05:06:40 PM »
This is pretty cool, and I'm glad it uses Unity's IAP -- I got it hooked up on Google Play easily.

I don't know if you want to do support in this thread, but there is a problem if the app is deleted then reinstalled... in my game, if a product is bought, I hide its "Buy" button, and Google is supposed to restore purchases automatically if you reinstall, but there's no way (I can see) to tell that to the IAP Manager, so my Buy button stays active, and doesn't process again or go away.

Maybe I haven't thought about it much (I suppose I can call to one of the scripts or use some other action), but it would help if there were more examples to deal with that scenario.

Update: I tried to use "Init IAP Manager" as a listener, but there's still no good way to handle both Purchase Start and Purchase Process with the same Buy button, not to mention Google's auto-restore, or for that matter, the fail state if you back out of the purchase popup (basically, I can only get one or the other to work properly). I think this needs a proper listener.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:48:38 PM by ultimate_carl »

Padenlee

• Junior Playmaker
  • You can't hit what you don't shoot for!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 05:00:12 PM »
Thanks for making your add-on Playmaker friendly! One, tiny itty bitty question. Where can I get these actions? I've searched Ecosystem, the Wiki, your site, the files I imported into the project and the Asset store page to no avail!

Wait, hold on. I just found them with one final search. The actions are imported into the root Assets folder.

Might want to make that a bit clearer for others in the future ^^ Thanks again!
-Paden Pierry
@padenpierry
Apple inc.'s first TV show, EP 1.
Game Dev since 2007
Coolest client: Bridgestone

Padenlee

• Junior Playmaker
  • You can't hit what you don't shoot for!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 05:05:13 PM »
After importing the playmaker actions, I'm getting this error from one of the actions:
-Paden Pierry
@padenpierry
Apple inc.'s first TV show, EP 1.
Game Dev since 2007
Coolest client: Bridgestone

coxy17

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 08:53:35 AM »
I am ready to test this out, if all goes well I'll report back.

HeathClose

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 01:38:42 PM »

looking for an iap solution right now.. what is your report?

coxy17

• Beta Group
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 08:09:54 AM »

looking for an iap solution right now.. what is your report?

Well i have tested it out and all works without any issues on Android. I was overthinking it but the actions make it really simple to use and even the reset button works fine. I got no errors in the latest version too.

Im adding IOS next week so cant say on this yet.

Nick
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:11:28 AM by coxy17 »

nowISnow

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 11:06:30 AM »
What is the best way to check for a non-consumable product if the user already bought the item?

I want to sell skins for a charakter and the user only should be able to choose the skin, if he bought it. And I have like 6 different skins.

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 04:35:00 PM »
@nowISnow The easiest way is to save it as a playerpref but these will get deleted if the user uninstalls the app and then reinstalls. PlayerPrefs are also super easy to hack.

I have just setup Playfab in my mobile game, this can do a ton of things, including saving player data to the cloud.
There are Playmaker actions for Playfab on the asset store so it's not too hard to setup once you get your head around the system.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 08:29:20 PM »
Hi,
On iap's you can check if the customer has purchased items.

after you checked you need to save in your game (so that when players plays offline later on they still can use what they purchased)

you can save it in playerprefs but as escpodgames said they are easy to hack.

Easy save is what i mostly use but there are a few other assets that support playmaker.

Once saved you can check anytime when the player (best is at the beginning of the game) before you check if the customer has purchased the items.
so you can skip the purchase check.