playMaker

Author Topic: Global Transition events Trigger/Collision ok in play, but don't work in build?  (Read 3098 times)

frteae

• Playmaker Newbie
Hey,

My scene works perfectly in 'play' mode, but after I build, the trigger events and collisions don't work. The gizmo in the build tells me that the transition never triggered (stuck in an idle state).

I also built a trigger using standard c# scripts in the same scene which works OK, so it's playmaker specific.

Anyone experienced the same?

I can't seem to replicate it in a new scene so assuming something else within my scene may be causing it. Tried everything short of removing every component 1 by 1 and building and can't figure it out.

Hoping someone has seen this before to save me from tearing my hair out debugging as I have a relatively large scene.

Thanks !

-------

Playmaker 1.8.1 with Unity 5.4

These are the only 2 playmaker errors but they're editor.

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Editor/PlayMakerEditorUtils.cs(111,90): warning CS0618: `HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorUtility.GetActionLabel(HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmStateAction)' is obsolete: `Use Labels.GetActionLabel instead.'

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Editor/PlayMakerEditorUtils.cs(102,94): warning CS0618: `HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorUtility.GetActionScriptAsset(HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmStateAction)' is obsolete: `Use ActionScripts.GetAsset instead.'
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:05:49 AM by frteae »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
What platform are you building for?

Could you share the project (e.g., PM me a private download link). I've been trying to get a repro project for this issue since I haven't been able to reproduce here...

frteae

• Playmaker Newbie
Hey Alex,

Building for windows x64 / openVR for the Vive. Also using the Lab Renderer.

Was hoping to get a lead from someone else's experience ! But I'll just take it apart piece by piece.

Let me do some deeper investigation to see if I can resolve this, else I'll reduce as many variables as I can then package it for you to have a look.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:52:09 PM by frteae »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi,
Before you do that.
Can you make a copy and share it to Alex (he is the maker of playmaker) so he can find out the reason why this is happening.

It is a rare bug and he is trying to find and solve, so he needs a project having that issue.

frteae

• Playmaker Newbie
Ok finally stripped down my project to remove all other assets for sharing. Note this *was* a Vive VR project, using the Lab renderer but I've removed all those variables and the bug appears to still be there.

Scene: 3 seconds after scene loads, Top capsule should fall through Bottom capsule. On trigger enter, the Bottom capsule should become red.

I've tried combinations of trigger enter/exit/stay & oncollide, yet found the same bug.

Observations: This is inconsistent. As my video demonstrates, 'play' works, build 1 works, build 2 bugged. This was recorded as a single shot with no cuts inbetween.

Reference video, for anyone else with this issue: http://i.giphy.com/l0HlEoztbwrobOICY.gif
(Sorry text in the video is small, but basically was me explaining the above for the first 15 seconds). Converted into a gif, so wait for it to start.. may look static for the first 15 secs.

Alex, I'll PM you the source files, and a high res video for this project now.

Thanks.

---
I did switch on dev build and noticed this error... which I haven't seen before so I'm not sure if it's causing this bug, or legacy error due to other components of my full scene that I had to remove to share this project.

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Editor/PlayMakerEditorUtils.cs(102,94): warning CS0618: `HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorUtility.GetActionScriptAsset(HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmStateAction)' is obsolete: `Use ActionScripts.GetAsset instead.'
0x0000000140E42EED (Unity) StackWalker::GetCurrentCallstack
0x0000000140E44BE1 (Unity) StackWalker::ShowCallstack
0x00000001405FE0E3 (Unity) GetStacktrace
0x00000001405FB47E (Unity) DebugStringToFile
0x00000001405FB8DC (Unity) DebugStringToFile
0x0000000140758128 (Unity) std::_Tree<std::_Tset_traits<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,66,16> >,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,66,16> > >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,66,16> > >,0> >::_Copy
0x000000014075828D (Unity) std::_Tree<std::_Tset_traits<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,66,16> >,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,66,16> > >,std::allocator<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,66,16> > >,0> >::_Copy
0x00000001407639CF (Unity) GetAllManagedMonoIslands
0x0000000140793027 (Unity) UpdateMonoCompileTasks
0x0000000140752DBB (Unity) Upd
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:45:42 AM by frteae »

frteae

• Playmaker Newbie
What platform are you building for?

Could you share the project (e.g., PM me a private download link). I've been trying to get a repro project for this issue since I haven't been able to reproduce here...

Hey Alex, did you get the link I sent you? Or had a chance to check it out?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Hi,

I checked out the project. I had to remove some VR plugins since they were causing errors. But I couldn't reproduce the errors you're seeing.

I did notice when opening the project that it was saved with 5.4.0f2 which prompted an update alert when I opened in 5.4.0f3 (the official 5.4 release). I think 5.4.0.f2 was a beta release? Have you tried updating to  5.4.0f3 or 5.4.1?

Please also submit a bug report so we can get more info on your setup. Thanks!

frteae

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,

I checked out the project. I had to remove some VR plugins since they were causing errors. But I couldn't reproduce the errors you're seeing.

I did notice when opening the project that it was saved with 5.4.0f2 which prompted an update alert when I opened in 5.4.0f3 (the official 5.4 release). I think 5.4.0.f2 was a beta release? Have you tried updating to  5.4.0f3 or 5.4.1?

Please also submit a bug report so we can get more info on your setup. Thanks!

Sorry just saw this. I'll try updating over the weekend, and see if that has any effect. If not, I'll submit a bug request.

Thanks for checking it out.