playMaker

Author Topic: Multiple instances of same FSM  (Read 1502 times)

Cyrussphere

• Playmaker Newbie
Multiple instances of same FSM
« on: September 28, 2016, 10:00:21 AM »
Hi All,

Quick question was hoping someone could offer some guidance. In my project I have a SpaceStation that utilizes PlayMaker to access and control a series of UI Elements and Menus. A lot of it has to deal with steps to disable some panels while enabling other panels with clicks of buttons (using mostly SetActive commands in the FSM)

What I would like to do is use this same FSM on a 2nd SpaceStation and use the exact same UI Menu system since the variables and actual functionality are on scripts on the local object instead of on the UI elements.

Trying to figure out the best way to do this. I tried saving as a template and I got all sorts of errors relating to being unable to call to gameobjects as a prefab. Tried to also just duplicate the FSM onto another object with another FSM name but its just going crazy with null object references even though I checked that they were all setup.

cspid

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Multiple instances of same FSM
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 07:59:58 PM »
Save your FSM and all the GameObjects that it uses as the children of an empty GameObject to group them. Now when you make a duplicate of the parent object all the relationships should remain in place.