playMaker

Author Topic: FingerGestures Actions (Beta)  (Read 40480 times)

pneill

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: FingerGestures Actions (Beta)
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 11:05:04 AM »
Any chance you had the opportunity to look at that "tap event" vs. "double tap event" issue I mentioned.  It seems that any gesture input detector that look for either a tap or double tap event never has the double tap event called.

Spk

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 11:06:24 AM »
No sorry, I haven't had time to look into this yet. It's on the todo list though :)

YYC

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 02:31:05 AM »
Just tried out the beta package and this is exactly what I am looking for/need. I'll play with the beta version more this week and post further comments on my experience.

Please keep up the development/integration with Playmaker.

PixelEnvision

• Playmaker Newbie
  • PM 1.3.2
    • Pixel Envision
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
Thx for the update.... :)
Pixel Envision - Creating fun apps for iOS & Android

Twitter / Facebook / YouTube[/UR

pneill

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 08:44:29 PM »
Any chance you had the time to look at that tap event vs. double tap event issue I reported above yet?

Spk

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 03:18:25 PM »
I've just posted an updated package (v0.3):

- Made the FingerGesturesDetectionInput stateless when it comes to handling continuous gestures such as drag, pinch and rotation.
- Added "Must Hit Object" property to the FingerGesturesDetectionInput action to require a valid object to be present under the finger(s) for events to fire
- Added support for dragging objects via the FingerGestureDragObject action. See "Playmaker Drag" sample scene in the Samples folder.
- Added "Playmaker Tap" sample in the Samples folder

reedomatic

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 10:04:50 PM »
This finger gestures package is outstanding. The only issue I have come across is that I cannot seem to get the Pinch or Rotation Gestures to fire an event while I'm in the unity editor. When I create an Android build and do the Pinch or Rotation gesture, the event seems to fire like expected. This could be weirdness with Unity remote, but the other events(Swipe, Tap, DoubleTap and Drag) seem to work in both the editor and android build equally fine. BTW, I'm using an Galaxy Tab.

amaranth

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 01:59:10 PM »
Ran into a little problem. Is there a way to attach Drag Object to the camera? I did this, but the camera won't move. I'm using "Use Owner, None, and ON" settings inside the action. FSM is directly attached to the camera (ortho).

Spk

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 02:22:15 PM »
Hm im afraid that wont work, as the drag script uses the camera to determine the amount of motion to apply... it'd be like a dog chasing his tail :)

Your best bet is to forgo the DragObject action and use the DetectInput one directly, with the drag move event and output drag delta vector setup, and use that delta value to translate the camera directly.

amaranth

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »
Cool, will do. Thanks for these awesome scripts! :D

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 04:43:19 AM »
Just bought finger gestures ^^ It works along with the GUI correct?

pneill

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 01:13:58 PM »
Seem to be having some issue with the rotation gesture.  This very well could be a user error, so an updated package with a rotation example would be much appreciated   ;D

FWIW, what I'm seeing is that in the detect input action, if no event is selected, that rotation value variables are not populated.  This makes it challenging to live rotate an object without requiring a state change.

In addition, it seems like only the begin rotation event is fired.  The rotation move and rotation end events don't seem to ever get fired.

Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Spk

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 02:19:22 PM »
Hi neil, i'll take a look at that rotation issue tomorrow and get back to you.

Jos Yule

• Playmaker Newbie
FingerGestures Actions - Swipe Bug
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »
Hello.

I'm starting to use the Swipe set of gestures. I wanted to use the velocity param, but was getting a '0' value out of it.

Looking at the code (FingerGesturesDetectInput.cs), and the method FingerGestures_OnFingerSwipe, i can see the velocity being passed into the method, but no setting of the storeSwipeVelocity var. I've simply added:

Code: [Select]
storeSwipeVelocity.Value = velocity;
above the switch statement, and all seems well now.

Peace
jos

pneill

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 11:28:07 AM »
I got a bug report:

Finger Gestures Get Finger Info is only called OnEnter.  So even if the user selected "every frame" it's only called once.  You should have that every frame boolean check in OnUpdate.