playMaker

Author Topic: UGui proxy not compatible with wsa .net  (Read 8227 times)

Vern_S

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: UGui proxy not compatible with wsa .net
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 04:17:31 PM »
This forum thread seems to be a similar error.

Still investigating....

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 01:23:10 AM »
Hi,

can you actually comment the offending if routine, and deploy.

if we know this is this line that is the source of the trouble, this is good, else, we are in trouble because I don't have access to hololens to test.

Bye,

Jean

Vern_S

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 12:32:02 PM »
You do not need a Hololens to test. You can go through the process to build out to Hololens and then in Visual Studio build the solution and if it builds then test using the Hololens emulator.

Hololens Emulator info.

Microsoft HoloLens: Course 101E – Ch. 0 – Introduction with HoloLens Emulator

I have two physical Holoens devices to also test with. Later today I am going to do some posts on the Unity Hololens Forum. It looks like several others are having similar issues. I will link the posts when they are up.

Edit: Unity Forum Link
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 05:13:59 PM by Vern_S »

Vern_S

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 04:18:17 PM »
Here is an interesting forum post about UNET code causing the same error that I am getting when building in VS.

Vern_S

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 01:20:19 PM »
Here is the issue semi resolved. A Unity Representative assisted on the Unity/Hololens forums.

Quote from: Tautvydas-Zilys, post: 2976241, member: 359058
If you build from Unity without "C# projects" option checked, does it work and not print this error? This is very likely to have nothing to do with playmaker and instead is an issue within Unity. Could we get a bug report on this?

My Playmaker ugui test for Hololens  without C# Projects selected builds in Visual Studio, installs and runs on the Hololens without issue. I thought having C# Project selected was a requirement for Hololens. Is it only necessary if further development in Visual Studio is needed?

I'll submit a bug report shortly.

Thank you for your assistance.

Quote from: Tautvydas-Zilys, post: 2976465, member: 359058
It's not a requirement at all - it's just there for your convenience. Once you submit the bug report, could you tell me the 6 digit case number? Don't post the link, just the case number.

So building with C# Project deselected allows the project to build to the Hololens. I tested a button and slider interaction with Playmaker uGui proxy full and they work as expected. As requested I submitted a bug report to Unity. Apparently this is a Unity issue.

I have a project with lot's of uGui implemented that I will be porting to the Hololens this week and will test the heck out of it and let you know if I run into any issues or if all is good.

Thanks again Jean for you assistance.

;D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 01:02:57 AM »
Hi,

Excellent, so "is Enum" code change is working right?

Thanks for your time and patience, it helps everyone, for Unity and PlayMaker, it's highly appreciated!

Bye,

Jean