playMaker

Author Topic: Get Key play animation?  (Read 2724 times)

EliGigi24

• Playmaker Newbie
Get Key play animation?
« on: April 15, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »
Hello, im trying to make a character with animation, walk/run/idle so lets say i want to Run animation turn on, i want to get the key "w" to make it move to run animation, i tired to use "Get Key" but seems its isn't working for me, anyone have idea, or guide? how to play animation by keys?

EliGigi24

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Get Key play animation?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 04:20:56 AM »
ok i just make all things working, but still i don't understand or not getting it, how i make my character play animation by Key... lets say im pressing "Ctrl" its will play the animation: "Prone" and so on...if someone can explain it will be nice! Thank you.

Elizeusz

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:21:48 AM »
I am using get key down and get key up to play or stop animation. When I was using get key  then I have to  store it in some variable which is bool type. After that You can use bool test to run or stop animation.

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »
In order to set it up the way you explained with your prone example. you would simply add another Get key down action in the walk/run state that looks for the prone button then switches to the prone state instead.

so you'd have 3 states....Walk/Run/Prone.

When you press ctrl from either the walk or run state, you would have it transition to to the prone state.