playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 5.6 Beta Patch  (Read 35029 times)

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Unity 5.6 Beta Patch
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 07:39:34 PM »
thank you for the updates!  I see there's a new beta out today :)

markmandarin

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 02:53:08 AM »
Yes, new beta here 5.6.0f1 - Release Candidate 1   March 17, 2017

https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/archive

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 07:55:03 PM »
tried it, no luck. Same result, but odd... I opened a scene from the samples and it was fine. http://www.hutonggames.com/samples.php

markmandarin

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 03:42:15 AM »
strange :o :o :o :o

kdsh7

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 07:29:31 AM »
Similar results on my side. Project is still reading the DLL from the WP8 folder.

What's more is that older versions of Unity now refuse to load in the updated project (hard crash with no bug reporter) so rolling back is harder than it should be.

I'm just checking with another project (it has several GBs of textures so is taking a while to import) and I'm going to see if I can manually reassign the playmakerFSM script to use the default DLL while still keeping the same values. If it can then I guess I'll  be doing that over the next few hours. If not expect more cursing!

Arnoob

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 09:03:27 AM »
I also updated yesterday to 5.6 seeing that it was the first non beta release, and I really need this new runtime navmesh creation.

I understand that this is a complicated issue, and I know you guys are doing your best to solve it. However, I'd like to know if you could tell us in how much time (roughly of course) you think this issue will be solved?

kdsh7

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 03:13:09 PM »
Ok. so project has finally updated but it's still broken and manually reassigning the proper script from the right DLL results in a corrupt/empty FSM.

It did throw this error on opening the scene so adding it here in case it helps debug this:

Code: [Select]
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.GetTransition (Int32 transitionIndex) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:594)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSelection.set_ActiveFsm (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm value) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSelection.cs:123)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSelection..ctor (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSelection.cs:259)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSelectionHistory.GetSelection (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSelectionHistory.cs:296)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSelectionHistory.SelectFsm (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSelectionHistory.cs:174)
HutongGam

JOY

• Junior Playmaker
  • From JOY Entertainment
    • JOY Entertainment
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 12:21:38 PM »
Any update for 5.6?
I got many these errors:
PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (27) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerDefines:AddScriptingDefineSymbolToAllTargets(String) (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerDefines.cs:42)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerDefines:.cctor() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerDefines.cs:23)
UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes()

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 02:08:15 AM »
Hi,

I don't get this,
- Which version of PlayMaker are you using?
- What platform are you targeting in Unity?

Bye,

Jean

JOY

• Junior Playmaker
  • From JOY Entertainment
    • JOY Entertainment
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 02:36:14 AM »
Hi Jean,

PM: 1.8.3
Android

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 04:35:37 AM »
Hi,

ok, can you fill up a bug report ( via Playmaker/Tools menu), this needs addressing indeed.

Bye,

Jean

Neolink

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »
Thank you for the patch. Will we be getting a full 5.6 compatible version of playmaker at some point ? I am about to start a new project in 5.6 RC1 and using a patched version playmaker does not give me full confidence (even though I am sure it is fine)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 05:09:22 AM »
Hi,

You should wait for the next PlayMaker update, it's coming soon and will provide support for 5.6. however since 5.6 is still in beta further releases of 5.6 could break things here and there, this is the problem while in beta.

Bye,

Jean

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 04:58:16 PM »
that's great news! thank you!!

Arnoob

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 06:07:49 PM »
I just tried 5.6.f3 and it seems to work fine with the current playmaker version!