playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 5.6 b5  (Read 1829 times)

Onat

• Playmaker Newbie
Unity 5.6 b5
« on: January 26, 2017, 12:59:00 PM »
Hello,

Just updated my Project to the Beta 5 and suddenly none of my FSMs work anymore...
In the Inspector it says the associated script can not be loaded, but everything compiled and I also used the 5.6 Patch for Playmaker.
Creating new FSMs seems to work btw.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this Problem?

HeathClose

Re: Unity 5.6 b5
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 02:12:11 PM »
I do not, but as a general rule of thumb, I usually never update anything mid project... unless there is a patch needed that is affecting the game...

Onat

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 03:36:56 PM »
I know, and it's not really a big Problem since everything is Version Controlled, and the new lighting modes are needed for my Project, so i thought i should try out, i was just wondering because it's such an odd Problem (since the console doesn't spit out anything and nothing like this has ever happened before..)

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 03:55:05 PM »
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
Available for Playmaker work

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 07:29:02 AM »
just my 2 cents, personally I like to keep Unity up to date. I'll usually just wait a couple weeks before updating so any asset that breaks has time to catch up

when I released my game on Steam, Unity updates would frequently fix end user issues, and I'd rather do small tweaks over time than suddenly find myself needing to update and having to fix a bunch of issues at once