playMaker

Author Topic: Prefab problems  (Read 2529 times)

jayhfd

• Junior Playmaker
Prefab problems
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
I'm confused regarding FSM prefabs, I'm finding they sometimes seem to retain prefab changes and other times not.

I've made a prefab in the project tab and created an instance, and something seems to be messed up. Ie, the prefab I've just instantiated is immediately different to the prefab itself. I'm not sure if there's a bug with undo or the way I was trying to use Unity's Select/Revert/Apply instead of Playmaker's? (PS, where IS Playmakers Apply feature? I've changed things on an instance and wanted to apply it to the prefab, but how?)

So my prefab is in the Project, I drag into Hierachy, and I look at the action of the prefab instance. Prefab instance has different actions. I tried changing the FSM name and instancing, which works, but the actions within the FSM are still not matching the prefab.

After deleting that prefab and 'redoing it' it seems fine. However I also tested a change where I changed a variable in an action, hit revert, and it didn't actually revert that variable. If I add an extra action, change the variable and then revert, then the new action vanishes and the variable reverts! Odd!

I've also made an instance of a prefab, changed the prefab itself, and then looked at the instance, which is unchanged. Surely this should be auto updating? Hopefully I'm not missing something wildly obvious (I have ZERO prefab experience)

Just now I've been updating a prefab and the instance just seems to refuse to match the prefab. It uses old actions, and I get no 'revert to prefab' option.

Cheers,
Jay

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Prefab problems
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:41:05 AM »
Are you using the beta for 1.3.3?
Are you using Unity 3.4.2 or 3.5?

Please submit a bug using the Submit a Bug Report tool so we can get more info on your setup...

The goal is to have FSM prefabs behave as you'd expect them to in Unity. But it can get tricky, and there was a bit of a prefab overhaul in 3.5 that has probably introduced some quirks...

jayhfd

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Prefab problems
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:04:21 AM »
I've submitted the report, thanks.

This was Unity 3.5 and Playmaker 1.3.2