playMaker

Author Topic: Using Playmaker to make ios games  (Read 3050 times)

case3

• Playmaker Newbie
Using Playmaker to make ios games
« on: February 01, 2017, 06:04:04 PM »
Hi, I really want to use Playmaker to make ios games but I read there are issues with this...Should I bother or am I better off making for android? I don't know enough about Playmaker to understand what these issues mean so I don't know if they are a big deal or not?

case3

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Using Playmaker to make ios games
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 09:06:46 PM »
Should I take no reply to mean I should just build for Android? or did I read wrong about ios? I would really like to know because it helps to know what I am going to export to. Thanks.

HeathClose

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 12:21:17 AM »
Should I take no reply to mean I should just build for Android? or did I read wrong about ios? I would really like to know because it helps to know what I am going to export to. Thanks.

what issues are you referring to?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 02:22:13 AM »
Hi,

I publish for IOS almost on a weekly bases. So if you have issues please report them. But yes, PlayMaker works fine with IOS.

the main thing to be careful with is when using SetProperty, GetProperty and similar actions. Unity will not see what you are doing with it and will strip potential some of the class you want to work with this way, so for this you'll need to use the Linker Wizard

Bye,

Jean

case3

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 04:12:35 AM »
Hi,

I publish for IOS almost on a weekly bases. So if you have issues please report them. But yes, PlayMaker works fine with IOS.

the main thing to be careful with is when using SetProperty, GetProperty and similar actions. Unity will not see what you are doing with it and will strip potential some of the class you want to work with this way, so for this you'll need to use the Linker Wizard

Bye,

Jean

Hi, Thank you, yes that is what I was referring to. I wasn't sure what those 2 were used for until I watched a tutorial which used them to access a script, which had me worried because I have brought assets with scripts I need to be able to access and I didn't yet know how to do that. I will check out the link you gave, thanks.