playMaker

Author Topic: question for alex related to augmented reality  (Read 3655 times)

cel

question for alex related to augmented reality
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:07:44 AM »
in a previous post some moons ago, I asked if PM could support AR, alex said yes that he was also interested... only now I had some free time and was shopping around for ar alternatives in unity, there seem to be a few... alex asked what type of actions would i like to have but which of the ar plugins available is alex using... also... all the ones I found seem to be for unity pro (that's fine) but I would be more interested if there are any ar plugins available for the free version of unity (i teach students that use the free version)
Anyway could alex recommend an AR solution for unity?

I would also be very interested in a opencv or it's little brother emgu implementation in unity (again, free version of unity, most of my students can't afford pro version) and interaction with playmaker...
Possible?

and the xtuio??? :-)

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:18:08 AM by cel »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: question for alex related to augmented reality
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 06:44:16 PM »
Hi cel,

I used the Qualcomm SDK for Android/iOS. It's powerful and pretty easy to use. I don't think it needs Pro, but I could be wrong.

I made a quick Playmaker action to track AR events:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=385.0

Haven't tested this with the latest version though...

I'm not familiar with opencv and xtuio, but they seem interesting from a quick google...

Cheers,
Alex

cel

Re: question for alex related to augmented reality
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:57:59 AM »
thanks alex,

Does the qualcomm work with the windows desktop publishing in unity or is it just for ios/android?