playMaker

Author Topic: 'PlayMakerEditorResources.resources' has already been imported [SOLVED]  (Read 9305 times)

JeffWeber

• Playmaker Newbie
I have a new Unity3D project and I imported Playmaker. I can run the app in Unity without error, but when I try to compile it in my code editor (I'm using Xamarin Studio), I get the following:

Error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `PlayMakerEditorResources.resources' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly (CS1704) (Assembly-CSharp-Editor)

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 01:45:16 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

Can you report a bug on this? using the Playmaker tools menu? thanks

bye,

Jean

JeffWeber

• Playmaker Newbie
Done!

PIXELCRY

• Playmaker Newbie
any solutions?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

It's currently under investigation.

Bye,

Jean

ajolivette

• Playmaker Newbie
Just a note, that the exact same situation here described, I have. Just to note it's not a single instance.

I'm using the same editor, Xamarin Studio, etc. Same errors. Shows up as 9 errors.

-AJ

ataraxia

• Playmaker Newbie
I had the exact same issue and the 9 errors were coming from multiple PlayMakerEditorResources.XXX.dll with different localization. Go to Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/ where PlayMakerEditorResources.dll is located and delete all other folders such as de, fr, etc. This cleared the errors for me.

wickedw

• Playmaker Newbie
I had the exact same issue and the 9 errors were coming from multiple PlayMakerEditorResources.XXX.dll with different localization. Go to Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/ where PlayMakerEditorResources.dll is located and delete all other folders such as de, fr, etc. This cleared the errors for me.

After updating to Unity 5.5.1 I got this error, doing ^^ this got the solution compiling again without having to update playmaker yet, thanks.

christianpugger

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: 'PlayMakerEditorResources.resources' has already been imported [SOLVED]
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 03:38:22 PM »
I have a similar error:

itorResources.resources' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/de/PlayMakerEditor.de.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/ja/PlayMakerEditor.ja.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `PlayMakerEditorResources.resources' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/de/PlayMakerEditor.de.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/nl/PlayMakerEditor.nl.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `PlayMakerEditorResources.resources' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/pt-BR/PlayMakerEditor.pt-BR.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/sv-SE/PlayMakerEditor.sv-SE.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/zh-CN/PlayMakerEditor.zh-CN.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/zh-TW/PlayMakerEditor.zh-TW.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

after update project from 5.4.1 to 5.5.1

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: 'PlayMakerEditorResources.resources' has already been imported [SOLVED]
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 02:00:04 AM »
Hi,

as the log indicates, please locate the duplicated assets and remove them.

have you tried this already?

Bye,

Jean